Google in collaboration with an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partner introduced the Google Nexus cell phone. It is based on android operating system and is one of the few devices that are being recommended for Android software development by the Android Open Source Project.
In the line of Nexus, the first mobile was introduced by HTC in January 2010 and named as the Nexus One. It came with android 2.1 Eclair and then in May 2010 it was updated to Android 2.2 Froyo and then to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Google ceased the support for this cell phone as it showed poor results at the UI of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Some of the features of this Smartphone are:
- Height: 4.7”, Width: 2.35” and Thickness: 0.45”, having a weight of 130 g.
- Its processor is 1 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion and memory is 512 MB. Built-in storage memory is 512 MB with, expandable up to 32 GB.
- Battery power is 1,400 mAh Li-ion.
- It has just a rear camera of 5 MP, with video recording facility.
- Some other features may include: multi-touch capacitive touch screen, ambient light sensor, microphone, proximity sensor, trackball.
The next series of Nexus is the Nexus S, that’s manufactured by the Samsung and released in December 2010. It was released with the Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It was then updated with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in December 2011. This version of Android was updatable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The features this device is equipped with may include:
- Height: 4.88”, Width: 2.48” and Thickness: 0.43”, having a weight of 129 g of AMOLED version and 140 g in the Super Clear-LCD version.
- Its processor is 1 GHz single-core ARM cortex-A8 and memory is 512 MB. Built-in storage memory is 16 GB with no card slot option.
- Battery power is 1,500 mAh Li-ion.
- The rear camera is 5 Mp and the front camera is 0.3 MP.
- Some other features may include: capacitive touch-sensitive buttons, digital compass, Wi-Fi hotspot, USB tethering, SIP VoIP.
In November 2011 Samsung manufactured Galaxy Nexus, with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and then in July 2012, it was updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. It incorporates some of the following features:
- Height: 5.33”, Width: 2.675” and Thickness: 0.352”, having a weight of 135 g.
- Its processor is 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM cortex-A9 and memory is 1 GB. Built-in storage memory is either 16 GB or 32 GB with no card slot option.
- Battery power is 1,750 mAh Li-ion in the HSPA+ version whereas 1850 mAh in the LTE version.
- The rear camera is 5 Mp and the front camera is 0.3 MP.
- Some other features may include: Barometer, 3-axis Digital compass, dual microphones, Wi-Fi direct and oleophopic display coating.
This device is introduced by LG and is the fourth and the latest device of this series. It comes with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean system. Some of the features of the device are:
- The screen is of this device is 4.7” with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 touch screen.
- The device has a 1.5Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 quad-core processor, 2 GB of RAM and comes in either 8 GB or 16 GB built-in memory with no option for card slot.
- The rear camera is 8MP, whereas the front camera is 1.3MP.
- It is capable of wireless charging and has a crystal reflection glass.
- Height: 5.27”, Width: 2.7” and Thickness: 0.36”, having a weight of 139 g.
- A battery of 2100 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer.
The Nexus series doesn’t only constitutes the smartphones but it also provides its users with other device like the tablets and the media streaming devices. These devices come with different versions of android system and have wonderful features.
Tags: galaxy nexus, google nexus, nexus 4, nexus one, nexus s, nexus smartphone
Posted in Mobile Reviews | No Comments »
Everyone knows that the initial purpose of the mobile phones was to create a way of communication. Then by the introduction of SMS, there was an addition to the way to communicate with others, at comparatively a low cost, and now we have more than these two ways of communication on a single device. But now cell phones are not only use as a way to communicate but it has now given various things to perform on this small handy device, like playing games, watching and listening to movies and music, social networking, browsing the world through internet and so on.
One of the leading manufacturers of mobile phones is the Samsung. Samsung offer a huge variety to its customers and offers latest technology in its devices. Recently is has introduced Samsung Galaxy SII to the world. It is a wonderful device with various new specs and features. Here I’m going to write about some of the features of Samsung Galaxy SIII. So let’s have a quick glance at it:
Samsung Galaxy SIII Features
- It operates on Android
- The organic nature of the phone produces ripples, when touched the screen. The GUI of this mobile uses TouchWin “Nature UX’ interface, which is deeply inspired by organic trend.
- In response to Apple’s Siri, SIII provides the services of Samsung’s intelligent personal assistant, S Voice. It understands eight different languages and we can operate twenty functions through this assistant.
- Provides some commonly used applications like YouTube, Google+, Google play, Game Hub, Video Hub and so on.
- From 2012 Samsung has introduced the facility to transfer music, photos, podcasts, and text messages from iPhone, by using the Easy Phone Sync app.
- SIII has this smart feature to share its screen onto a TV.
- Music Hub in this wonderful device contains over 19m songs. It was created in response to Apple’s iTunes service. Another music feature the Music square is a remarkable one that manages the songs according to the user’s mood.
- By using Vlingo and Google’s voice recognition, the user can use speech-to-text feature on Samsung SIII.
- The device weighs 133gm.
- SIII comes with round corners and the edges are curved.
- Color option for the handset is marble white, pebble blue, garnet red, sapphire black and titanium grey.
- The device is 136.3 mm long, 70.7 mm wide, having a thickness of 8.6 mm.
- SIII offer upto 2 GB of RAM. The device comes in 16 GB or 32 GB for internal storage purposes, the memory is extendable upto 64 GB, using a micro SD card. Using the cloud storage facility of Dropbox, the purchaser can avail a storage space of 50 GB for 2 years.
- The display of the cell phone is 120 mm, with HD Super AMOLED display. The pixel resolution is 720p. The display glass is damage resistant.
- The rear camera is 8 megapixels, can take 3,264*2448 resolution photos and can make video upto 1,920*1080 pixel resolution. Photos can be taken while making a video. The front camera is 1.9 MP.
- The device uses li-ion 2,100 mAh battery. The talk time for 2G, 3G and 4G is upto 21 hours, 11 hours and 10 hours respectively, while the stand by time for 2G, 3G and 4G is 900 hours, 790 hours and 500 hours respectively. SIII uses this smart technology of ’Smart Stay’, to save the battery, by turning off the device when the users is not looking at it. The device can also be re-charged wirelessly by using a special charging pad, which uses a magnetic resonance that creates magnetic field, to transfer electricity.
The Samsung Galaxy SIII is a wonderful device and offers a lot more then mentioned here. It is far better than its predecessors and is also comparable with the latest devices presented by the other well known cellular companies. Check more details of Samsung Galaxy SIII at: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxys3/.
Posted in Cell Phone News & Tips, Mobile Reviews | No Comments »
The latest addition from LG, the Optimus G has been launched just at the start of this month, and so far consumers are welcoming the device well. As has been the strategy employed by LG in the past, with the Optimus G the firm has once again tried to have one of their products accommodate as much high end parts and services as can possibly be put into a single device. To some extent the firm has been successful with the Optimus G though the only thing which has had to suffer is its size. Similar to other up sized smart phones in the market today, this addition from LG isn’t exactly something you would fit in to your trousers pocket and go about your day comfortably, the inside pocket on your coat, or maybe in a small bag, would be locations better suited for this device. Measuring at slightly over 5 inches tall, with a width of nearly three inches and less than an inch thick, this device is quite prominent, in the hand and pocket.
Though there are other features of the phone which make it equally prominent in other arenas. For instance the Optimus G is one of the few quad core powered smart phones in the market. This time LG has taken to Qualcomm for its processing solutions, acquiring one of Qualcomm’s debutant quad core chips. Also to accompany the quad core processor the device is equipped with Android 4.0 operating system to really get the most out of the hardware on the phone. The latest version of Android will not only provide users with a new experience but it will also mean that this phone will be compatible with more upcoming releases of Android, and it would be great if the much anticipated Android 5 generation can also run on this device. Not only is the processor a great step forward but some varieties off this handset offered by other vendors and service providers features a 13 megapixel camera on the back, though an eight megapixel camera is standard on the device. With lightning fast LTE speeds this phone is bound to surpass all your connectivity and communication needs.
Even though there is a lot in this device which is bound to come in handy to many users there is still not much which is unique to this device, or something which you will not find on any other device. Much of the competition for this device offers, similar, if not better performance and functionality than the Optimus G. For instance other products such as the iPhone 5 or the HTC One X offers similar technology though with their own added benefits. LG has been successful in managing to give its competitors a tougher time but has not done much to secure its own position in the smart phone market.
One of the problems which consumers will certainly come across as they use the device is the battery consumption problem. The large screen, as colorful as it may be, as well as the blazing processor ripping through commands, is quite a drain on the battery pack and keeping the phone charged is a task in itself. Speaking of the bright screen, it is a power demanding display due largely to its size. At 4.7 inches it is larger than other smart phone screens and offers a pixel per inch density (PPI) of 320, whereas devices such as the iPhone 5 and Nokia Lumia 920 deliver 326 PPI and 332 PPI respectively.
It will be interesting to see how consumers measure this device against others in the market and how far the high end hardware takes LG.
Check LG Optimus G Mobile Specification here.
Posted in Mobile Reviews | No Comments »
Christmas and New Year bring more and more fun to MobileToones. Explore through a large collection of Christmas and New Year theme based mobile wallpapers , mobile themes, mobile games, mobile software just for free!
Now you can download through a large variety of free mobile videos from MT anytime and enjoy watching them on your mobile phone.
MobileToones receives a large contribution from its users that help us in making our website better all the time.
Thanks a lot for being a part of MobileToones, we appreciate your contribution to our website. We thank you for all your feedback, and for helping us achieve this level of success. We hope to continue an ever lasting bond with all our users and clients in the future.
We wish you all a jolly Christmas and a very Happy New Year and pray for your success and prosperity through the journey of your life.
Tags: christmas, new year, new year 2011
Posted in News | 4 Comments »
Are you a developer who has designed awesome mobile software or a game that you want people to use? Upload it on our website, and we will promote your applications for you. All you have to do is to sign up for your own developer account on our website, and then the sky is the limit.
We Appreciate Creative Minds!
We know that creativity does not come with money; therefore we appreciate creative people like you. Our website wants to promote talented developers who have developed games and software that they want other people to use.
If you are one of those talented developers, then take the benefit of our free space and share your work with our community members.
We don’t want your talent to be wasted. Sharing your games and softwares on our website can bring you the recognition that you have been looking for. Sitting at home, and forcing your siblings or friends to use your applications will not deliver anything. Moreover, it is a time consuming process which can eventually cause frustration. We don’t want you to get disappointed.
Upload your applications to our website and get in touch with millions of users who can easily be targeted from the comfort of your house.
It is an understood fact that recognition brings in revenues. Our website will not only establish your name among our community users, but it will also work as a sales point for you. By signing up for a developer’s account on our website, you will be identified for your work, and that will in turn start generating revenues.
As a developer, you know how websites work. You need to attract targeted traffic to increase your sales. You wouldn’t want to attract irrelevant people to your website unless they turn into potential buyers. There are many other websites which charge a certain amount of money to advertise or promote your website. So why put an additional burden on your budget by allocating financial incentives to affiliated websites? We are providing you promotion without asking you anything in return.
By making a developer account with us, you will be getting free increased traffic to your website. Share your products at our site, and we will direct the traffic you want to your webpage.
Is there anyone else in the market who offers you a free space to upload your applications, and provides free advertisement of your talents?
Not only do you get to promote your products, but you also get the benefit of meeting new people, who can turn into customers. In addition, you can also be introduced to other developers and learn from their expertise. The recognition that we provide always results in increased traffic and generates sales for your website.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up at our website and make an account with us right away. We are spreading the word for you without any additional cost. So, take advantage of that.
Posted in News | 1 Comment »